2012 Yamaha YZF-R6
The Ultimate 600 Both On And Off The Track
The R6 is designed to do one thing extremely well: get around a race track in minimal time. Oh yeah: It's an incredible street bike too.
• Light, powerful, and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamaha-or anybody else-has ever built.
• The YZF-R6 was the first production motorcycle with YCC-T®, Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle system-for flawless response under all conditions.
• YCC-I®, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband.
• Back torque-limiting slipper-type clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
• Compact, lightweight 67mm x 42.5mm, 599cc DOHC 16-valve, liquid-cooled titanium-valved four-cylinder has a compression ratio of 13.1:1, for great response. Domed pistons with valve cutouts produce a compact combustion chamber.
• Fuel injection mapping for the YCC-T-Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle dual-injector system complements the high compression ratio for great throttle response and reduced engine braking.
• YCC-I-Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake electronically varies intake tract length for a broader powerband.
• A magnesium subframe removes weight from the rear of the motorcycle for increased mass centralization.
• YCC-T uses a powerful ECU and multiple sensors to provide perfect, smooth engine response and optimal power whenever the throttle is twisted under all conditions.
• Twin-injector fuel injection: shower-type injectors above each intake funnel help achieve optimum fuel atomization at high rpm.
• Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking and downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio six-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
• GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization and contains EXUP® for a broad powerband, and 02 sensor for spot-on injection and emissions compliance.
• Linerless, direct-plated ceramic-composite cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
• Cool magnesium valve and engine covers are light and stylish.
• Direct-ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
• Deltabox® aluminum frame incorporates GP thinking in terms of engine positioning and rigidity for the ultimate in 600-class handling.
• The lightweight swingarm pivots high in the frame, for increased anti-squat effect and mid-corner stability. TZ-type chain adjusters ease rear tire changes.
• Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) inverted fork with 41mm tubes increases freedom in setting up for street or track use; soak up the bumps and resist bottoming when braking.
• Four-way adjustable (preload, high-speed compression, low-speed compression and rebound damping) piggyback rear shock delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
• Dual 310mm front disc brakes use forged one-piece radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever for astounding braking power and feel.
• The casting technique for the five-spoke 17-inch wheels makes the rims light and strong, not to mention wickedly cool-looking.
• Removable rear shock spacer and adjustable fork ride height allows the rider to tailor the ride position for the best fit and comfort.
• Built-in lap timer is controlled by a right handlebar switch.
• Multifunction digital and analog instrumentation features: programmable shift light, digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with miles-on-reserve function, odometer, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
- Type: 599cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0 x 42.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.5-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 310mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipers
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Tires / Front: 120/70-ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 180/55-ZR17
- Length: 80.3 in
- Width: 27.8 in
- Height: 43.1 in
- Seat Height: 33.5 in
- Wheelbase: 54.1 in
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24°
- Trail: 3.8 in
- Oil Capacity (with oil filter change): 2.75 qt
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal
- Fuel Economy: 40 mpg
- Wet Weight: 417 lb
- Primary Reduction Ratio: 85/41 (2.073)
- Secondary Reduction Ratio: 45/16 (2.813)
- Gear Ratio - 1st Gear: 31/12 (2.583)
- Gear Ratio - 2nd Gear: 32/16 (2.000)
- Gear Ratio - 3rd Gear: 30/18 (1.667)
- Gear Ratio - 4th Gear: 26/18 (1.444)
- Gear Ratio - 5th Gear: 27/21 (1.286)
- Gear Ratio - 6th Gear: 23/20 (1.150)
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- Inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 titanium valves
- 599 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 x 42.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm inverted fork; 4-way adjustable, 4.5-in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 4-way adjustable, 4.7-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310 mm floating disc; radial-mount 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 220 mm disc; single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.1 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in.
- 24 deg.
- 3.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- 40 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 417 lb.
- 6-speed w/multiplate slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Pearl White/Candy Red
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)