2016 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec
Welcome to Generation Bolt
The Bolt R-Spec features compact, raw bobber design and a powerful 942cc V-Twin for a perfect union of old-school style and modern urban performacne. The Bolt R-Spec adds piggyback shocks plus textured seat.
- Urban Performance Styling: The Bolt® R-Spec is stripped down, devoid of chrome parts and epitomizes the “Urban Performance Bobber” look. The compact chassis proudly showcases the 58 cubic inch (942cc), air-cooled, 60° V-twin sitting at the heart of the bike.
- High-Tech Engine: The Bolt R-Spec uses modern technology to create a riding experience superior to other similarly sized machines. Even fuel injection and ignition timing maps have been carefully chosen specifically for this bike to deliver class-leading performance with strong low- and midrange torque sure to bring a smile to every rider’s face.
- Compact, Stable Chassis: The slim body and low seat design combine to give the motorcycle light maneuverability and a stable handling feeling. The upright riding posture helps the rider feel the wind, hear the sounds and experience the pulse of the machine.
- Ready to Customize: For riders who value personalization, the options for the Bolt are limited only by the owner’s imagination. As we say at Star® motorcycles, “We build it. You make it your own.”® And as the perfect canvas for customization, Bolt is the ultimate example of that philosophy.
- Unique Bolt Persona: Components such as the 3.2 gallon fuel tank, belt drive, front and rear wheels, digital meter and steel fenders combine to create a distinct look in the Star Motorcycles line-up.
- Modern Air-Cooled V-Twin: The 58 cubic inch (942cc) engine is an air-cooled SOHC 60º V-twin with four valves per cylinder, a pent-roof shaped combustion chamber and 9.0:1 compression ratio. The engine is designed to provide excellent power and superior low-end torque.
- Low Friction Internals: To keep friction loss to a minimum and help the engine achieve the ideal performance characteristics, special roller-type rocker arms with needle bearings are used. These also reduce top-end weight for excellent mass centralization.
- Advanced Cylinder Design: The combustion chamber shape was precisely engineered to direct the fuel/air charge to the center of the piston for more efficient combustion and maximum power. Ceramic-composite plated cylinders provide excellent heat dissipation and reduced oil consumption.
- Lightweight Performance Pistons: High-quality forged aluminum pistons have a lightweight, high strength, compact design that contributes to reduced vibration.
- Fuel Injection: Sophisticated fuel injection is used on the Bolt R-Spec to deliver ultimate urban riding fun with strong acceleration. 3D maps for ignition timing and fuel injection have been developed to deliver outstanding acceleration in the mid- and low-speed ranges.
- Compact Air Cleaner: The stainless steel air cleaner cover provides a “raw metal” look that accentuates the Bolt R-Spec’s distinctive styling. And the air cleaner design provides great intake efficiency and enhanced torque characteristics.
- Unique Bolt Exhaust System: A 2-into-1 exhaust pipe layout on the right side of the engine contributes to the lively performance and styling of the machine. The minimalist-style exhaust system delivers a throaty and pleasing exhaust note.
- Handling-Focused Frame: A double-cradle frame enhances city riding enjoyment. The engine is mounted to the frame as a stressed member with a rigid mount system that provides precise handling.
- Low Seat Height: The low-set seat is a mere 27.2 inches off the pavement, so most riders can easily put both feet firmly on the ground at a stop, as well as enjoy the great riding position the seat provides.
- Agile Wheelbase: Bolt R-Spec’s short, 61.8-inch wheelbase contributes to the bike’s lively handling, providing for tight turns in city riding and solid handling on the open road.
- Advanced Suspension: The beefy front 41mm fork tubes offer excellent suspension performance and the twin rear shocks, which include piggyback style gas chambers, have been tuned to provide great comfort and handling while contributing to the machine’s low profile.
- Low Maintenance Belt Drive: At just 21mm wide, the drive belt contributes to the slim and clean look of the rear end. The belt has a carbon-fiber core which adds strength and durability for longevity.
- Modern Wheels and Tires: 12-spoke cast wheels are used to provide strength and toughness. Bridgestone® 100/90-19 size front and 150/80-16 size rear bias-type tires help provide excellent road grip.
- Powerful Braking: The 298mm front disc brake and 298mm rear disc brake both use wave rotors, the style usually found on sport bikes. The front brake uses a floating mount for great heat-distortion resistance, contributing to excellent braking performance.
- Slim, Stylish Fuel Tank: The 3.2 gallon fuel tank is a traditional teardrop style, with a slim shape that includes flattened top and side surfaces to enhance Bolt R-Spec styling.
- Modern Lighting: LED rear taillight looks cool and adds to the modern bobber appeal.
- Slick Instruments: Compact digital LCD instruments offer clean styling with excellent visibility.
- Real Steel Fenders: Steel front and rear fenders are ideal for personalization, including paint and customization.
- Bobber-Style Seat: Solo rider saddle adds to the minimalist bobber look.
- Engine Type: 58-cu.in. (942cc) air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke V-twin; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 85.0mm x 83.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork, 4.7-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Dual piggyback shocks, 2.8-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Wave-type disc, 298mm
- Brakes / Rear: Wave-type disc, 298mm
- Tires / Front: 100/90-19
- Tires / Rear: 150/80-16
- L x W x H: 90.2 in. x 37.2 in. x 44.1 in.
- Seat Height: 27.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 61.8 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 29.0 deg.
- Trail: 5.1 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.2 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 51 mpg
- Wet Weight: 540 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- SOHC 4-stroke V-twin; 4 valves
- 58-cu.in. (942cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 85.0mm x 83.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork, 4.7-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual piggyback shocks, 2.8-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Wave-type disc, 298mm
- Rear Brakes
- Wave-type disc, 298mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 61.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.2 in.
- 29.0 deg.
- 5.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.2 gal.
- 51 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 540 lb.
- 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Rapid Red, Stone Gray
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)