2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700
Biegler's C&S Motorsports
This Kodiak is the closest thing to new without buying new. Save some $$ on this barely used Kodiak 700 before it is gone. The Kodiak 700 sets the standard with comfort and reliability to tackle tough jobs and shoulder its share of the load during those long days spent in the field or on the trail.
The Unmatched Bear Essentials
The Kodiak 700 sets the standard with comfort and reliability to tackle tough jobs and shoulder its share of the load during those long days spent in the field or on the trail.
- High-Tech Engine, Built for the Real World: The 2016 Kodiak™ 700 has an all-new 708cc, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character—ideal for smooth, quiet operation all day long.
- Ultramatic® – The Industry’s Most Durable CVT Transmission: Kodiak 700’s Ultramatic® transmission features a gated shifter, dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive plus reverse gear and is the most advanced drive system available – plus, the gear ratio and Kodiak-specific CVT settings are designed to lower engine RPM and provide a smooth, easy-to-use power character. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and a sprag clutch provides natural all-wheel engine braking.
- Compact, Comfortable Chassis: The Kodiak 700 features a compact and comfortable new chassis with fully independent suspension, exclusively-designed 25-inch Maxxis® tires and wide arc A-arms providing optimum terrainability, comfort and handling.
- Sharp Styling: The Kodiak 700’s styling features bright halogen headlights, large storage compartments and large-diameter front and rear racks with class-leading load capacity.
- Work-Ready Tow Capacity: The 2016 Kodiak 700 has an all-new DOHC 708cc, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character—ideal for smooth, quiet operation all day long.
- High-Tech Engine, Built for the Real World: The 2016 Kodiak 700 has an all-new DOHC 708cc, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character—ideal for smooth, quiet operation all day long.
- Excellent Torque: The engine features a 10.1:1 compression ratio and the four-valve head delivers optimum torque for excellent responsiveness, even with heavy cargo loads.
- High-Mounted Air Intake: A long, high-mounted air intake layout increases power and torque while providing additional room for center storage and easy “no tools” servicing of the large air filter element.
- Fuel Injection: Mikuni® fuel injection with 44mm bore and throttle position sensor means easy cold starts and flawless fuel delivery in nearly any condition.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Stainless steel exhaust system features a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum noise output.
- High-Capacity Radiator with Fan: High-capacity radiator with fan-assist delivers excellent air flow for maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
- Gated Shift Lever and Handlebar-Mounted 4WD Control: Yamaha’s peerless Ultramatic transmission runs through a five-position shift lever with High, Low, Neutral, Reverse and Park gates - for positive and precise transmission operation. Robust, mechanical 4WD system is selected using handlebar lever.
- Drive System Air Intake: Specially designed high-mounted drive system air intake helps reduce drive system temperatures and assists in keeping water and debris from entering the drive case.
- Heavy Duty Tires: Exclusively designed 25-inch Maxxis® tires provide precise steering, optimize comfort and maximize available traction.
- Independent Double Wishbone Front and Rear Suspension: Independent double wishbone suspension, with 7.1” of front wheel travel and 9.1” at the rear, provides excellent rider comfort even on the toughest trails, thanks to nitrogen-charged shocks.
- Front Disc Brakes and Sealed Wet Rear Brake: Hydraulic front disc brakes serve up powerful and consistent braking performance to add to rider confidence, while the sealed rear brake is protected from dirt, rocks and mud.
- Long Range Fuel Tank: An optimized 4.76-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass centralization and handling.
- 10.8 Inches of Ground Clearance: The 2016 Kodiak 700 offers 10.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite skid plates to deliver maximum underbelly protection for a wide variety of terrain.
- Aggressive and Durable Styling: Durable wrinkled-finish carry bar resists scratching, while injection-molded fenders protect against rock and debris damage.
- Trailer Ball Mount: Heavy-duty ball mount comes standard and can tow more than 1300 pounds.
- Front and Rear Cargo Racks: Larger-diameter, rugged steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish can pack a total of 308 pounds combined (110 lbs. front, 198 lbs. rear).
- Comfortable Seat: Seat is long and plush, improving rider comfort for extended work days or trail exploring.
- Yamaha accessories are available to enhance the ownership experience for the recreational rider or hunter.
- Assembled in USA: Assembled Real World Tough™ in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
- Engine Type: 708cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 103.0mm x 85.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI), 44mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
- Final Drive: Lever operated 2WD/4WD; shaft
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 7.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone; 9.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Multi-disk wet brake
- Tires / Front: AT25 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU19
- Tires / Rear: AT25 x 10-12 Maxxis® MU20
- L x W x H: 81.5 in. x 46.5 in. x 48.8 in.
- Seat Height: 33.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.2 in.
- Turning Radius: 126.0 in.
- Ground Clearance: 10.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.76 gal.
- Wet Weight: 661 lb.
- Rack Capacity Front / Rear: 110 lb. / 198 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb.
- Lighting: Dual 30/30W headlights and 21/5W brake light
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 103.0mm x 85.0mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI), 44mm
- Starting System
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone
- Front Travel
- 7.1 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- AT25 x 8-12 Maxxis® MU19
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double wishbone
- Rear Travel
- 9.1 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Multi-disk wet brake
- Rear Tires
- AT25 x 10-12 Maxxis® MU20
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 661 lb.
- Front Rack Capacity
- 110 lb.
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 198 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1322 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.76 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.8 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 81.5 in. x 46.5 in. x 48.8 in.
- 49.2 in.
- Drive Train
- Lever operated 2WD/4WD
- Final Drive
- Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
- Dual 30/30W headlights and 21/5W brake light
- Hunter Green, Red
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)